I am so overwhelmed with our house project, but I also know we have made it a long way in this short summer. Much of our time has been removing wallpaper & then scrubbing the walls & then painting. Just to get the house to a baseline has been a long road.

Here is the master bedroom originally.

When we first walked through the house in Feb 2019…


Then we (meaning my wonderful family members) removed the wallpaper. We bought an industrial wallpaper steam remover from a local rental place that had a used one on sale. This was a huge help.

Followed by scrubbing the walls - someone recommended this sponge + dawn soap to get the remaining glue off of the walls.

The house has contrast trim - which is popular right now. I also am in major decision overload so I decided to go more traditional - the trim in Benjamin Moore (base white in semi gloss) and then the walls we did Benjamin Moore in white eggshell.

Next, Philip, my husband refinished the hardwood floors. This is not his first rodeo fortunately - I think this is the 3rd time he has done floors and every time he has learned a little bit.


I’m thinking we will leave the room pretty neutral looking - here is some of what I have in mind. (Affiliate links)

Simple Master Bedroom Moodboard /